SETx-UIFL members joined thousands of other scientists at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) annual meeting in San Francisco, CA. AGU meeting is one of the world’s largest scientific conferences which convenes more than 25,000 attendees from 100+ countries each year. It serves as a platform for researchers to connect and share their research on a diverse range of Earth and space science. This year, the AGU23 meeting took place 11-15 December 2023 in San Francisco, CA.
Five SETx-UIFL researchers and three graduate students were accepted to present at the meeting. It’s an exciting time for our members to showcase their hard work over the past year as well as a great opportunity to establish connections throughout the science community.
The list of SETx-UIFL posters and presentations is as follows:
- Gabriel Perez, Ethan Coon, Saubhagya S Rathore and Phong V. V. Le: Advancing Flood Frequency Analysis with an Integrated Surface-Subsurface Model and Realistic Stochastic Storm Catalogs(Poster)
- Ifeanyichukwu Nduka, Cameron Cummins, Lochana Kalyanaraman, Phong V. V. Le, Ethan Coon, Gabriel Perez, Liv Haselbach, Yosuke Kimura, Elena McDonald-Buller, Paola Passalacqua and Geeta Persad: Statistical downscaling of NEX-GDDP-CMIP6 data to ultra-high resolution in the southeast Texas region (Poster)
- Mark D Wang, Paola Passalacqua, and Hamed Moftakhari: Quantifying Compound Flooding in Southeast Texas: A Novel Approach for Assessing Impacts on Communities and Infrastructure (Poster)
- Lochana Kalyanaraman, Ifeanyichukwu Chidiebele Nduka, Cameron Cummins and Geeta Persad: Developing an Index to Understand Large-scale Rainfall Patterns in Southeast Texas (Poster)
- Phong V. V. Le, Geeta Persad, Gabriel Perez, Saubhagya S Rathore, Ifeanyichukwu Chidiebele Nduka and Ethan Coon: Evaluating tropical cyclone projections downscaled from the Energy Exascale Earth System Model (Poster)
- Evelyn Deveraux, Daniel Blomdahl, Chou Hsien Lin, Kerry Kinney, Elena McDonald-Buller, Yosuke Kimura, Liv Haselbach, Greg Yarwood, Chris Emery and Pawel K Misztal: Odor Fingerprinting and Chemical Toxicity Estimates from Gas-Phase Mobile Measurements in Southeast Texas (Oral presentation)
- Christa Brelsford, Philipe Dias, Bhartendu Pandey: Heterogeneity and Inequality in Urban Environments (Oral presentation)
- Benjamin N. Sulman, Jiaze Wang, Sophie LaFond-Hudson, Teri O’Meara, Fengming Yuan, Sergi Molins, Glen Hammond, Inke Forbrich, Zoe Cardon, and Anne Giblin: Integrating tide-driven wetland soil redox and biogeochemical interactions into a land surface model (Poster)
During the AGU23, SETx-UIFL was also showcased on AGU TV. The movie provides a thorough view of the project, featuring interviews with our researchers and task force members.